Sunday, August 2, 2020

Rabbit jumps over the moon

Rabbit jumps over the moon


This is my first time playing around with Lavinia stamps and I love them! I've also been trying different techniques with the Distress Oxide inks. 

Here are the steps for these Distress Oxide inks with a giant Moon background. 


I began with watercolor paper and swishes a circle of the squeezed lemonade , laying it on pretty thick.


Then I dabbed on salty ocean, lucky clover, and added some peacock feather over those color in a few different spots.


I heat set the ink and then spritzed with water and heat set again. 


Next I squished the shaded lilac ink directly onto an acrylic block and smooshed that over the moon, and over scattered areas on the rest of the card as well.


I followed the same technique, smashing the broken china and wild honey in different places. Heat set again, and spritzed with water. 


I used a circle template and a gold jelly pen to draw a line outlining the moon.


The beauty of the distress inks is if you don't like it, you can always add more ink, or more water. 





No comments:

Post a Comment