Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pinwheel Birthday


My friend's granddaughter is having her 1st birthday party today, and I made this card for her.  I pre-ordered the bitty banner framelits that will be avail in the new 2012 - 2013 catalog; I think they will be one of my favorite must haves, along with the label framelit :-)  I tried the pinwheel technique and had fun with it!  To make the pinwheel you just start with a triangle (I cut a 2 1/2" square in half); then fold over the inside edge of each triangle and glue it to a circle in back.  Then cover the front seems of the 4 triangles with a decorative brad, button, or stamped circle.

On the inside I used the create a cupcake stamp set and punch, along with happiest birthday wishes hostess set.  The happy birthday sentiment is a little crooked, but I figured since she's only 1 she may not notice :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment